Become a Volunteer
All volunteers should have the following qualifications:
- Understanding and interest in helping low-income populations
- Interest in health, wellness, nutrition, fitness
- Reliable transportation to locations
- Bilingual is preferred (at some locations)
- Understanding of a small start-up non-profit environment
WeViva is seeking volunteers to help with the following tasks:
WeViva Class Supervisor: Overseeing the fitness classes at the particular locations. This may include:
- Managing participation information
- Distributing and collecting surveys
- Distributing new schedules and flyers to all participants
- Setting up/breaking down room (tables, chairs etc)
- Making announcements to WeViva participants about any changes
- Overseeing fitness teacher, childcare portion and childcare provider in schedules/classes/instructors etc.
Childcare Assistant: Assisting with childcare during the fitness and nutrition classes. The volunteer needs to be available sporadically through out the week (Hours may be in the evening [6-8 pm], some classes are on M/W, others are on T/TH).
Administration in Central Office: Help our staff with research, data entry, organization, and other office related activities.
Volunteers will receive a WeViva t-shirt and a WeViva water bottle for helping.